Wednesday 28 October 2015

Halloween Ads: Then & Now (Then)

Halloween is quickly approaching. I'm busting out my vintage Singer sewing machine to get going on making my costume. I'd tell you what I'm being, but it's a surprise!

In honor of the holiday tradition let's #tb to Halloweens of the past with these beautiful and sometimes unintentially creepy vintage ads.

Enjoy!
























Festively yummy Brach's Halloween candy ad from the 1960s.:






1951. One of her ex-husband's heads.


Disembodied hand of evil. Before pull tabs.

Halloween advertisements sure look different then than they do nowadays!

Stay tuned for my upcoming post-- Halloween Ads: Then & Now (Now)-- where I am featuring some of my favorite modern Halloween ads.

Pumpkin carving, candy corn, maple, apple picking and corn mazes-- Hope you are enjoying the season as much as I do!

Cheers!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment