Thursday 15 October 2015

Would you try these strange flavors?

My mom always said you won't know if you like it, if you don't try it. So I took a look at what they have available in the world's kitchen. I wasn't surprised that each country had their own unique way of snacking. Who would have thought there would be so many flavors for a potato chip?

A lot of what we accept as "norms" center around the culture that we have experienced. As brands are globalizing, they develop specialties to appeal to the local culture's taste preferences. It is part of their segmented branding strategy to develop products that would be popular in different global markets.

As an American, perhaps I have my own culturally-biased taste. Considering the different snacks and drinks from around the world, I see ones I would dare myself to try and others just too bizarre for me to consider. I must admit that some of these flavors are really intriguing, and I wish that they were available in America.

These are some of the most surprising snack flavors I've found from other countries. (I would probably try #4, 9, 10 and but stay away from #3, 6, and 11).  Let me tell you-- when you search for strange, you will find it.
 

 1.   Japan: Wasabi KitKat

via kotaku.com




2.   Canada (Quebec): Pizza-ghetti Slushie

via huffingtonpost.com

3.   England (London): Cream Cod Ice Cream

via zagat.com

4.   China: Chicken-and-Pepsi Chips

via businessinsider.com

5.   Australia/ New Zealand: Musk Sticks

via candyblog.net

 

 6.   Japan: Raw Horse-Meat Ice Cream

via atticusinjapan.wordpress.com

7.   Asia: Soft-shell Crab, Seaweed, and Grilled Shrimp Pringles

via somuchviral.com

 

 8.   Turkey: Yogurt and Mint Doritos

via pintrest.com

 

9.   Russia: Cappuccino Pepsi

via whatpoll.com

 

10.   China: Green Tea Oreos

via kotaku.com

 

11.   China: Dry Pork and Seaweed Donuts

via smarttraveler.com

 

12.   Japan: Pepsi White (yogurt flavor)

via toptenarchive.net

 

13.   Indonesia (Singapore): Chili Pepper Ice Cream

via spydersden.wordpress.com

I found products with a large variety of flavors to be chips, cookies, ice cream and soft drinks. A lot of these companies are large multi-national American brands such as PepsiCo or Oreo. 

I'm sure it would be quite pricey to import some of these unique products, so I might just have to travel abroad to try them! 

Cheers!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment