Sunday 21 February 2016

Recent Developments

Well I have been very bad about posting lately. Want to know why?

I am in my last semester in college. Graduation is too close. Turns out there is a lot I've got to do before I start the next part of my life. I have not slept. I have worried. I know that if I keep working I will power through it all. Between internship hours, working part-time, going to class and an increasing number of commission gigs, I am holding onto every grain of sand in my ever running out hourglass. 

I've had some pretty cool commission opportunities lately. I am continuing to design some wine labels for Pour Life Choices, my cousins fiance's friends label. I have also modeled for that label so that other artists can use me for up and coming designs. That was fun. Turns out, not surprisingly, I have a defiance disorder. I just want to do the opposite of what people tell me to do (interesting mix with modeling). I am pretty excited that I have been offered to do artwork for a new wine bar that is opening up soon. It will be a lot of work but it is a great opportunity to leave my mark on this town before I leave it. I will definitely be posting some artwork to show you what I've been working on.

I am so in need of Spring Break, it's not even funny. Even though I was going to, I will not be going on some fancy vacation getaway. I want to take advantage of some "free time" to actually get going on my job search (along with the million and one projects I must attend to). Right now I feel so behind. Is this how everyone my age feels? Completely unprepared and overwhelmed?

 I will return to posting at a higher frequency once I take care of my work. Blogging is not easy when time management is next to impossible!

Any requests for posts?
 Cheers!
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment