Tuesday 15 December 2015

Boss Lady

My gender does not define me, I define my gender. If you are female you should be a feminist. If you are a male you are not the enemy. You too should be a feminist.
Feminists are misunderstood for the most extreme views that some take. In reality if you think that as a woman you deserve the same respect and rights as your male counterparts, then you are a feminist. It is ridiculous that there has to be interest groups just to try to get equal respect. Equality does not exist. It won't. But if we stand up for ourselves, for our dreams, for our mothers, our daughters, our friends-- then we will make the world a better place. Fight for everyone you know and everyone you don't.

Anne Hathaway beautifully embodies someone with talent and entrepreneurial skills. On top of that she is beautiful. A woman can be called beautiful. It is sexist if that is all people acknowledge that woman for. Hathaway is not one of the actresses of Hollywood who negatively embraced fame. After her Oscar-winning performance in Les Miserables, she has won my heart and continued support.

I am going into a predominantly male-orientated profession. I find my female role models very important to me in becoming the professional woman I want to be. I've learned of some of the problems I may face. I know it won't be easy but I will earn the respect from my co-workers, clients and general public that I deserve.

Cheers!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment