Saturday 12 December 2015

White Savior Racist Ad from Mexico: Follow up


About two weeks ago I posted an ad from Mexico that gave me a negative reaction. It was Coca Cola's Christmas advert in Mexico. When I was looking back at my post I realized the video had been taken off of YouTube. It looks like I am not the only who thought this ad was offensive.



Great news-- the ad has been banned from Mexico! I'm not sure if Coca Cola realized their error or whether an offended audience made them realize their error.

I am happy that the commercial's negativity and message are no longer being shown. If you have not yet seen the commercial I have it posted below:


 Although I am white, I am offended by this commercial. I cannot even begin to imagine what it felt like as an indigenous Mexican seeing this ad. Believe it or not this ad was supposed to point out the racism in Mexico. All it did was contribute to it.

What are your thoughts on this commercial? Does it make your skin crawl as it does mine?

Happy Holidays!
&
Cheers!
Laura







No comments:

Post a Comment