Friday 4 December 2015

The Spanish Lottery Christmas Commercial 2015



November saw the release of Christmas advertisements in the form several short films across Europe, among other places. Now that it is in fact December and I've allowed myself to get into the Christmas spirit, I'm hooked! There's so many beautifully cinematic experiences by brands that set high standards for ads going into 2016.

This is one from the Spanish Lottery. It has completely won my heart. Just the music and body language and facial expressions make this universal. Language is not a barrier. A good ad communicates through emotion as this one does successfully. It reminds me a little bit of a Pixar Short Movie.


I have noticed a trend in some of these European commercials: elderly men who are lonely around the holidays. Maybe these are just the ads I am attracted to but they are also reaping millions of views online.

A huge problem in our society is that people feel marginalized. With aging populations there are more and more elderly people who may or may not have family to surround themselves with during the holidays.

One thing about the holidays that we all love is being around other people. This was also seen in Edeka's Christmas Commercial. Whether it is family, friends, or in this case, co-workers, it is uplifting to know we are loved and a part of the communities around us.

Being there for others is sometimes the simplest but the most fulfilling thing we can do. We know what it feels like to belong. That is what I want to bring to others, not just this Christmas, but everyday.

I am there for you. We can talk. We can sit in silence. Either way I know we can enjoy each others company. I do not want anyone to feel alone because I know what that feels like.

Surround yourselves in the love of others.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment