Thursday 10 December 2015

What it means to be a man



I make it my mission to know what ads are being shown around the world. So I was a bit surprised when AdWeek released their 10 Most Watched Ads on Youtube in 2015 yesterday and there was one on there that I had never seen. Of course I watched it.

This ad you might have seen (because it has over 30 million views on Youtube!) but I am going to share it with you because if you haven't seen it yet you should!



 

This viral video from Italy is an advert for fanpage.it to put an end to domestic violence.

In the clip an off screen man, Luca Lavarone an Italian journalist is interviewing several young boys between the ages of 7 and 11. The responses are innocent and very cute. 

Piertro, Fulvio and Domenico are some of the boys.

Then a girl named Martina is brought into the picture. You can see how the young boys start to get bashful and smiley when there is a lady present. Lavarone starts telling the boys to do innocent things to the girl like "make a funny face at her."

Everything is light and fun until Lavarone abruptly asks the boys to slap the girl. You should see their expression.

I'm very proud on how these young boys- scratch that, men- react to commands of violence. They uphold their morals and show that they are in fact gentlemen. This is a very unique way that fanpage.it has tackled the subject of violence.

This is a very strong message and I am very glad I have (finally) come across this ad.

Cheers!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment